Best, easiest peanut butter cookies, ever!
Sometimes, I came home after a long day to the smell of these delicious cookies baking! Delightful! This is the one recipe my boys were willing to try on their own:
Mal-Mal's Peanut Butter Cookies*
1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2 nonstick baking sheets
oven mitts or pot holders
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 24 portions, abut 1 heaping tablespoon each.
- Roll each portion between your hands to form a smooth ball.
- Place the balls of dough about an inch apart on the ungreased baking sheets. Press down with a fork in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern. You should get 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the oven until the cookies rise and turn lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet before you lift them onto a wire rack with a plastic turner. Repeat with the remaining sheet of cookies.
*We found this easy recipe in Emeril's book, below. The whole book is fun!